 Robotics / 20717
  DC Adapter Mod for RCX 2.0?

Has anyone mod'd an RCX 2.0 to accept a DC powersupply? I've gone through the archives and have noted that there used to be one in the 1.0 model, and lots of grumblings about it NOT being there in 1.5 and 2.0, but no one seems to have stepped up (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DC Adapter Mod for RCX 2.0?

Take a look at this post: (URL) don't think it voids the warranty. Mark "Matthew Keller" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:1052741898.1261...dam.edu... (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DC Adapter Mod for RCX 2.0?

Mark, Thanks for the reference. I was thinking more like adding a receptacle for a "standard" 9v wall wort. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying as I haven't yet cracked the case to see what's where, etc. Thanks again. (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DC Adapter Mod for RCX 2.0?

See that black thing at the far end of the ribbon cable (on the right in the photo)? That's a socket for a wall wart. I used the ribbon cable so that it would come out of the battery compartment through the notch. One thing you need to watch out for (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.robotics)