 Robotics / 20668
Re: Increase touch sensor sensitivity?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 16:51:11 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Scott Arendt) writes:

So I was wondering if there is a way to program
them to be more sensitive,

No, they are essentially switches that are either on or off.

Though the whole truth is that they are made from conductive rubber,
and that they go from off to on over a very small distance.
I once measured this by an arrangement that very slowly pushed
a touch sensor, a rack that was geared down very much and advanced
in steps of 1/100mm (theoretically, I don't think LEGO is that precise).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/