 Robotics / 20667
Re: Increase touch sensor sensitivity?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 13:20:17 GMT

of ground ahead of the robot.  Im simply using two lever arms that "fall"
into the touch sensor when there is no ground infront of the robot, but
these lever arms aren't setting off my sensors, as they are too light.  So • I
was wondering if there is a way to program them to be more sensitive, or • if
I need to redesign my levers?  Thanks for the help in advance :*)

Try turning the logic around.  Keep the sensor engaged the sensor *until*
the ground falls off instead of engaging it *when* the ground falls off.  In
other words, the lever arms would fall away from the sensor when there is no
ground, rather than falling into it.  When the sensor releases, you know to
stop.