 Robotics / 20414
  LegWay: only LEGO parts

Hello there, everyone! I short time ago I saw Steve Hassenplug's site about that amazing LegWay of his. I wanted to duplicate what he had done but I didn't have the funds to buy those EOPD's that he used so I went ahead and tried to build one with (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) Hi Henrik, Why don't you create an account on Brickshelf ((URL) post your results there? We're all eager to see your solution! Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) Ok, now there is a short video clip of the robot "doin' it's stuff" on (URL) called the clip "bambi" because the robot sort of reminded me of bambi taking his first steps in life. Since then however, I've managed to stabilize the sucker some (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) Henrik, That's pretty nice. What software did you use to program it? Steve (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

That's impressive, considering the restricted range of the ordinary light sensor. Did you use the original software, or did you write something new? What program? Jerry (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) I used a java program. (I tried to look at your program but I couldn't quite make any sense from it (not exactly a hacker).) So of course i'm using LeJOS. Although LeJOS has its drawbacks it seemed perfectly sufficient to accomplish an (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) I wrote a similar program in java. (using LeJOS) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) user I cannot get this to work even with Windows Media Player for Mac. A .mov format would be even better... I really want to see this working! Mike (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

(...) .mpg is the best -- works for everyone. QuickTime is no good on Linux. (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LegWay: only LEGO parts

That's great news. I just happened to be working on an inverted pendulum last week, when I came across both your and Steve's LegWays. I was using NQC, so obviously it lacked precision, but it balanced nearly perfectly, but I couldn't get it to stop (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics)