 Robotics / 2038
  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) At the risk of being argumentative, I'd submit that no matter how many inputs/outputs they provide people will always want more. The trick is to "expand" what's available to do what you want to do. There are already various ideas and designs (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

I found a way to expand the inputs to a max of 64. This involves using a Analog MUX. Ports A & B are setup to sense the digital input line to the MUX. Each port is setup to look at four inputs for a total of eight inputs. The output of the MUX is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) Brett, I have been working on a couple different transmission designs with multiple gear ratios. I am most interested in knowing how you used a RCX motor to shift the motors into the two different drive trains. Does it require any sensors? Any (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) I replied to these questions from an e-mail Ian sent, but since it's here as a post also, I'll (partially) reply here too. I don't have any pictures, but I am working on a web site that will document all my custom input and output devices. I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) Another way to do it might be ( - I have not built this, but been thinking about it for a while, as I want to use it with a (manual, and possibly later also motor-driven) car transmission of the common sliding-axle type - ) to use rubber (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) The use of a spring loaded system using rubber bands or such would be a good idea for two position systems. But I can't think how to do it for transmissions like my current two that four positions. I think I'm going to try a motor with a worm (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) Hmm, just been thinking about this. You could have a shaft that was free to move back and forth along it axis. On the end of this you would have a series of N spokes. Each spoke ends with a free to move wheel (the axis of the wheel is arranged (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)