 Robotics / 20327
Re: Serial Infrared Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:29:24 GMT

At 05:33 PM 2/12/2003 -0500, Steve Karg wrote:
Greetings!

I have a USB infrared tower that came with the Mindstorm kit, and recently
got an older laptop without USB (for free).  I haven't seen the RS-232
infrared towers for sale, and was wondering if anyone has made a serial
circuit that mimics the tower that I can make for use on the laptop?

Rob Limbaugh was just communicating with me about that. It should be pretty
easy, and I think some of the Lego references have schematics or at least a
description. However I just looked and couldn't find them.

We'd like to see such a  circuit from JCX so that a JCX can talk IR to the RCX.

We will give a $100 gift certificate to someone who produces a working design.

Bruce

------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
   Real embedded Java and much more
      High speed 8051 systems