 Robotics / 20228
    Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory? —John Barnes
   I think an ability to retain as much "Lego" infrastructure as possible is to be desired. Mixing and matching alien non Lego wires and connectors starts to depart the basic simplicity of polarity independence and Lego mechical compatibility which I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory? —Kyle McDonald
   (...) I aggree which is why I hoped someone could figure out a way to reuse the 2x2 brick connector, and the 2 wire scheme. If it needed to be more wires (and LEGO was doing it) I suppose they could make a 4 wire keyed connector that onely went on (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory? —Steve Baker
   (...) Well, you could - but use two sets of wires - one for power, the other for data. The problem is that what's a clever idea for connecting motors (rotate the connector 180 degrees to reverse the polarity) is a disaster for data connections (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)