 Robotics / 20152
  Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?

(...) To be absolutely honest, I don't think this is my idea - I think I've seen something a lot like that built as a college project. (...) That might be unreasonably costly. I was thinking of having a little knob that you'd turn to select (for (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?

I have this Idea, stick with me, The arm of my robot has a limit at the upper and lower extremes. I use The RCX and rotation sensors to keep the robot from breaking its own arm. Ocassionally, there is a skip, either the RCX or Sensor misses it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?

(...) Pneumatic Cylinder. :D Each of these prevents your robot from breaking his arm, and doesn't need sensors. I recommend Mario Ferrari's "Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms" for mechanical ideas that simplify the electrical control. (I.e. less (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)