 Robotics / 2004
Re: sensor input mux calculations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:06:12 GMT

I've thought about this, but I've come up empty.  If you could get between the
input line and the 10K pull-up resistor, it would be easy.  You could then
wire the CdS cells on either side, with a 10K resistor from one cell to
ground.  Then when the light was on the cell on the Negative side, the reading
would be between 512 and 1023.  When it is on the Positive side, it would be
between 0 and 512.

   A/D line

inside the RCX   | input port

But of course doing this would tamper with the hardware on a level few would
dare to go (not me, not yet any way).

You could try hooking up a voltage comparator type circuit where if the light
is on the right, it's on and if it's on the left, it's off.  I would recommend
Forrest Mims Mini-Notebooks at Radio Shack for ideas on that.

chris