 Robotics / 19872
Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 02:44:32 GMT

JB
I travel extensively around the US and have carried RCXs and models onboard
airplanes for some time.  My suggestion would be to carry it on and avoid
checking it in and the new scanners. Putting aside the extra time it will
take you, you will have direct access to your materials at all times since
it will be in the cargo hold above you on the plane.  You can probably go
without a change of clothes ;), but you need the models.
I have handcarried our MIBO through security at Reagan National Airport on
many occassions without any hassles at all.
Good Luck
DAN

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes writes:
Does anyone know if the new checked-baggage xray equipment is likely to
damage the kinds of microprocessors in RCXs etc.

There have been specific statments that the new equipment *will* damage film.

With BricksWest coming up, I want to know if it's safe to transport
Mindstorms stuff these days. And if the inspectors do see a tangle of wires,
motors and batteries in baggage, if it will be allowed through at all.

JB