 Robotics / 19864
    RE: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Rob Limbaugh
   I don't think saying "I have something that may appear to be a bomb" is a wise idea... but it may be a good way to get your 10 seconds of fame on the news. Perhaps FedEx is a better approach... you can ship the item to yourself and have it held at a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Andy Gombos
     (...) Perhaps not those words, but assuming it goes with you on the plane, you need to tell the guards. If you check the suitcase, then the ticket counter person that takes the bag needs to be told. This guy wanted to take a camera that looked like (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Steve Baker
     (...) > idea... but it may be a good way to get your 10 seconds of fame on the news. I doubt that would be a problem. (...) > have it held at a FedEx for pickup. Go there and pick it up and take the stuff to BW. One good suggestion from our travel (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Kyle McDonald
     My laptop goes through these things all the time. I wouldn't expect the Xray machine to harm anything in your RCX at all. Especially if it is off. As to whether it looks like it's a bomb, on Xray it'll probably look more like a Walkman. I wouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Nick Tarleton
   (...) Why? If you make it clear that it's *not* a bomb.... A demonstration should be sufficient. (...) This is probably what would happen. Still, silicon chips are delicate, and the CPU could probably be damaged. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Steve Baker
   (...) That's just nonsense. I've put my Laptop, PDA, digital camera, USB memory stick, digital watch, calculator/alarm-clock and my kid's Game Boy through the airport scanners dozens and dozens of times without harm. Many of my co-workers fly more (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)