 Robotics / 19862
    Air transportation of RCXs etc —John Barnes
   Does anyone know if the new checked-baggage xray equipment is likely to damage the kinds of microprocessors in RCXs etc. There have been specific statments that the new equipment *will* damage film. With BricksWest coming up, I want to know if it's (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Andy Gombos
     I think as long as nothing is on, it will be fine. You may have a problem with corrupted firmware though - will there be a computer there to upload new firmware/programs if needed? The radiation may flip some bits and change everything. I'm not sure (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Rob Hendrix
      "Andy Gombos" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:000701c2b0ee$77...41@ANDY... (...) If I can make it, I will have my laptop. I won't be bringing a usb tower and my laptop has no serial ports. -Rob (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Jonathan Wilson
     My views on the subject: If you are taking a pre-made MOC, take the whole thing in hand luggage if possible (or mabie just the module with the RCX in it). Show it to the security person specially (just as you might do if you were worried about the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air transportation of RCXs etc —Dan LaFountain
   JB I travel extensively around the US and have carried RCXs and models onboard airplanes for some time. My suggestion would be to carry it on and avoid checking it in and the new scanners. Putting aside the extra time it will take you, you will have (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)