 Robotics / 19846
  Re: compass sensor

The sensor element used can be found for sale at various suppliers. It is the PNI Vector 2X module. You will have to convert it's serial digital output to a format suited to use by the RCX. JB (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: compass sensor

Hi John! Ok, I will see if I can get this thing somewhere. You have it already working I guess; could you either send me your ideas or put them somewhere on the web? Would be a great help (and time saving)! Thanks, Raphael original message: The (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: compass sensor

(...) Raphael, HiTechnic does sell this sensor, ready to connect to an RCX. (I doubt John would say that himself, because LUGNET rules don't allow advertising, but I'm not associated with HiTechnic.) With that said, I doubt it's a simple task to (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: compass sensor

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. Yes I know about the hightechnicstuff sensor. I am just a little worried about the 5° tolerance since I want to use it for navigation. But I have never worked with compass sensors in that way before and thus I also (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)