 Robotics / 19786
  Autonomous RCX Racing - formerly Nascar style racing

After some intense fiddeling around I have created a couple working vehicles or autonimous racers based on the discussions a previous post. The vehicles handle like traditional race cars without the ackerman style steering by having a motor powering (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous RCX Racing - formerly Nascar style racing

(...) Random thoughts: The way I read it, you can only notify of position down to 9th place. I guess you could treat 9th place as "9th or worse place". Also, you can only send a count of up to 9 laps, limiting either the race length or the error (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous RCX Racing - formerly Nascar style racing

(...) What about 5?! (...) What message would the 11th place car get? Right off the bat, I'd say 23 cars is too many. It won't leave any room to move around, so they'll spend all their time bumping each other. I'd guess 4 or 6 would be about right. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous RCX Racing - formerly Nascar style racing

(...) Here is a link to Gus Janson's SteerBot ((URL) which I think you will find has great maneuverability as well as a tight turning radius (~6"). I have replicated it several times in the past 2 months for my group's line following event. After (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)