 Robotics / 19762
  Hammer Help

Roy I thought about designing such a thing a while ago. My decision was that I'd make something like a Roman ballista. I'd wind up a string on a winch to cock the hammer then unwind the string all the way back again. The catch would be released by (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hammer Help

In the prototype I used string and winch to set the hammer. I've decided not to use it on the robot - string can too easily get caught and entangled in stuff, especially if it goes up agianst another robot. On the prototype it works surprisingly (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)