 Robotics / 19673
Re: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:32:35 GMT

Jim Choate wrote:

You're in an elevator. The elevator goes down. Your weight decreases but
your mass does not.

And if we were talking about a hovercraft in an elevator - I'd be
agreeing with you.

Dumb pedantry doesn't work here.  The **WEIGHT** of the hovercraft
is just as important/relevent/applicable as the **MASS** of the
hovercraft when we are concerned with the pressure/volume of air
required to make it hover.  It's every bit as relevent to discuss
the weight as the mass in this circumstance.  If we were talking
about the force required to make it move forwards or backwards
then I'd be agreeing with you.

Quit trying to be the smarter physicist and let's advance the
conversation usefully before we descend into complaining about
each other's grammar and punctuation.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net