 Robotics / 19379
Re: Jamocklaquat - Spine Segment 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:11:49 GMT

Ok, this may be a silly question but.....Jamocklaquat must be immensly
heavy, how do you go about giving motors enough power to actually move
elements such as the arms (from the shoulder) or the spine with the wieght
of the body on it? I noticed a picture of the super duty worm table, but
even this runs on a single motor. Do you use weights or other such mechanics
to take the stress off motors? Or do you use multiple motors in tandem for a
single function? BTW, awesome pictures as usual. An A.I. model running from
a laptop would be neat to see as part of your creation someday in the far
off future.

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@cs.com> wrote in message
Hey all, I snapped some more gooder mo betta Jama-rama spine pix:

Overall

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomaster/Jamocklaquat/8jamocklaquat1.jpg

Spine Loop'd-Loo - Mechanical Spine Cam Actuation -

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomaster/Jamocklaquat/8jamocklaquat3.jpg

Jama Eye Lights by John Barnes' hitechnicstuff.com (Thank You!!!)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomaster/Jamocklaquat/8jamocklaquat4.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomaster/Jamocklaquat/8jamocklaquat5.jpg

Super Duty Worm Table

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomaster/Jamocklaquat/8jamocklaquat6.jpg

Two High RPM 9V Motors are connected with a short lead reversing the • polarity
to drive the z24 (et als) from both sides to increase the torque.
The z24 on the farside of the Worm Gear is a technique I use to keep the • drive
axle from bowing. With out this set up the weights involved can cause the
Worm Gear to shear right off the teeth of the Turn Table.

As soon as my order of 9V leads comes in, I'll reorganize all of Jama's • wires.

Jamocklaquat BS Gallery

Legomaster

www.mylegomaster.com

P.S. All your Blue Plates is are belong to Jama.

P.S.S. Thanks Stuart!