 Robotics / 19369
  Please suggest which RIS version is good

Hi, I am new to RIS, but want to catch along as soon as possible, can you suggest which RIS version (1.0, 1.5, or 2.0) is good to start with. I tried to find RIS 1.0 at some place but couldnt get it. If anybody can help me out, I will appreciate it. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Please suggest which RIS version is good

(...) Try BrickLink: (URL) of the differences: RIS v1.0 has an RCX w/external power jack that many find useful and includes a serial IR tower. v1.5 RCX (also stamped v1.0) has no external power jack; the set also includes a serial IR tower. v2.0 has (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Please suggest which RIS version is good

Generall, I think they are all good. 2.0 software is somewhat improved (I haven't used the older versions, so I can't say precisely how much), and each kit includes slightly different pieces, but I think the differences are fairly minor. The one (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Please suggest which RIS version is good

One should also consider their current/future computer system configuration. Windows 95: Older versions of Win95 do not support USB. Check (URL) for more details and how to determine if your version of Win95 and USB limitations. If your version (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)