 Robotics / 19314
Re: Another update for WIRRL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:03:23 GMT

I've also followed this intresting thread.
And now I'm wondering why Lego have used the infrared transmission system at
all?
Is it cheaper? When using RF you can easy put in a crystal to set the
frequency, and then it is easy when you have many robots competing in one
arena.

I guess that's because of regulatory issues. Getting anything with radio
transmission approved for all countries Lego wants to sell in can prove a
daunting task...

And IR can prove very effective: did you try Spybotics remote control? it
performs much better than RCX one.

Philo
www.philohome.com