 Robotics / 19164
19163  |  19165
Subject:
problems with USB tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:17:47 GMT

Hi!, Ive managed to get gcc, binutils and legOs 0.2.6 installed on my
machine. As I connect with a USB tower, i also compiled and installed Bret
Thaeler's USB driver. I presume it works, I get some unresolved symbol
version errors from module usb_core when booting, but i can insmod the
usb_lego driver OK, and when I plug the tower in and out and run dmesg, I
can see the disconnection and connection and the lego usb driver saying it
handles it (and the tower lights up green)

The problem occurs (maybe) when I run firmdl3, as it cannot seem to find the
tower, I run it with the command line option --tty=usb as sugested, but it
says "file not found", the same msg i get if i run it
with --tty=dkfhsjkhfdsfbsk
I tried running it with --tty=/dev/usb/lego0 and it reports "This is not a
valid tty"

Can anyone help me please? I'v ebeen trying to get this stuff work for about
a month now, and I feel Im really really close this time !!!

- Niall