 Robotics / 19132
    RC Motors —Steve Hassenplug
   A couple people have pointed out how the new motors on the RC Buggy seem to be very fast. So with the Workshop 3D challenge coming up, I wanted to see how they compare to the Mindstorms mini-motors. To test them, I started by hooking a rotation (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RC Motors —Mario Ferrari
   (...) [snip] (...) Thanks Steve, very useful info. My friend Marco Berti inspected the inside of the new RC motors (he's an expert of small electric motors) and told me that they are of a cheaper kind than the Mindstorms ones: they draw more current (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RC Motors —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) I believe those are just two stages of gearing down. The hole by the motor goes at ~4x the final hole (used by the buggy wheels). Actually, I'm sure TLG made it exactly 4x, not just close. That could be very useful, if you want different (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Development enviroment... —Luis Angel Vicente Sanchez
   Hi! I'm beginning my degree-ending project and it involves a LEGO Mindstorms. I've been searching the Internet for different "development enviroments" and I've found a few ones. The most interesting ones I've found are NQC, leJOS and leGOS. The (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Development enviroment... —Steve Baker
   (...) Well, NQC makes use of ALL the facilities of the device that you can reach with the standard firmware - so within those parameters, it's pretty complete. If you want to go so far as to toss out the Lego firmware then LegOS is a good choice - (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Development enviroment... —Juergen Stuber
   (...) I think you are much too negative there, leJOS is just a different tradeoff in the middle between NQC/LEGO firmware and brickOS (formerly legOS): - It's faster than NQC/firmware but slower than brickOS (I've not measured it, but a factor of 10 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)