 Robotics / 1907
  legOS and alternate operating systems

Why is the software associated with development so big? 70 megabytes for the legOs development system? I think there is something fundamental I'm missing here. The RCX is an H8, an 8 bit micro, certainly no more complicated than a 68HC11. Even the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: legOS and alternate operating systems

Hi Chris, the problem is not the tool size. On any UNIX system, standard libraries, a shell and a perl distribution - which you only need for nicer disassembly, anyway - are givens. The problem is that Windows chooses to provide 24-bit color (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote in message <7c785915.368a2d0d@aol.com>... (...) the (...) missing (...) The 70MB includes an awful lot of stuff - the C/C++ cross-compilers, native compilers, debuggers, utilities such as make, tcl, awk, sed, ... and (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)