 Robotics / 1907
1906  |  1908
Subject:
legOS and alternate operating systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:39:25 GMT

Why is the software associated with development so big?  70 megabytes for the
legOs development system?  I think there is something fundamental I'm missing
here.

The RCX is an H8, an 8 bit micro, certainly no more complicated than a 68HC11.
Even the more complicated development packages are under 1 megabyte.  Is a lot
of the program GUI?  It might be I'm spoiled by DOS.  I just don't see why
it's so big.

chris