 Robotics / 19003
Re: Questions about the first version of the control center console
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:35:28 GMT

Hi again,

You're right. I opened the console and the 2 cables were (rather coarsely)
connected to the cables that go to the battery leads.

I guess that means I can't connect the transformer without further
modifications?

BTW, I saw your version of jump-o-bot. Can I ask you to consider linking to
my page, if only to provide visitors with the instructions to the artefact?
I was gladly surprised to find your version and will link to it from TP's
site. TP's site is on a yearly sabbatical of sorts, but not forgotten or
discarded. I'll add new stuff to it as soon as I get rid of some other
Lego-related business that's taking up my time.

Thanks again!

In lugnet.robotics, Soh Chio Siong writes:

Hi Miguel,

I've opened the the Control Centre I before and have a couple of
pictures that might help:
http://www.geocities.com/laosoh/robots/ctrlcentre.htm

There are two thickish blue wires from the printed circuit board that go
to the end contacts of the battery box. I guess this is where you can
connect an external 9V DC power supply, observing the polarity of
course.

I'm not sure if a power adapter that outputs AC (such as that for the
RCX 1.0) would work as the Control Centre I is meant to be powered by
batteries. I don't see any rectifiers on board but then I'm no
physicist.

BTW, my version lacks the mysterious cables that you have.

Have fun, as always!