 Robotics / 18997
  XP compatibility with Brick

I would like to install the Brick Command Center/NQC on a system running XP. I have figured out how to install other programs that were orginally created for previous version of Windows by using the compatibilty feature of XP (basically you insert (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: XP compatibility with Brick

(...) I am running BrickCC under XP. I didn't use any of the compatability settings and am having no problems. (...) All you need is the firmware file. You can copy it from the CD, or download the RIS SDK off the web. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: XP compatibility with Brick

(...) [more snippage] (...) I have also had no problems whatsoever running BricxCC under XP without resorting to any compatability settings. Just run the install program and you should be good to go. (...) [more snippage] (...) A long time ago RcxCC (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: XP compatibility with Brick

Dean, (...) After looking at the BricxCC web page I now realize that the version I have is compatible with XP. (...) What is the name of the file? Thanks. Laura (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: XP compatibility with Brick

John, (...) I am just taking a look at the RIS 2.0 disk right now. To install the USB tower drivers do I use the file called ReinstallUsbTower.exe? Thanks. Laura (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: XP compatibility with Brick

Dean, (...) It just occured to me that you might mean that I need to have the firmware installed on the RCX. It already is. I have another computer with running Win98 with RIS 2.0, VC, etc already installed that I have been using for some time with (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: XP compatibility with Brick

firm0309.lgo (if you have 1.0 or 1.5) or firm0328.lgo (if you have 2.0) (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)