 Robotics / 18997
18996  |  18998
Subject:
XP compatibility with Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:34:38 GMT

I would like to install the Brick Command Center/NQC on a system running
XP.  I have figured out how to install other programs that were orginally
created for previous version of Windows by using the compatibilty feature
of XP (basically you insert the installation disk, right click on the setup
exectuable, choose 'properties' then 'compatiblity' and then choose
whatever previous version of Windows the program will run under). I have
done this once so far and it appears to work.

What I would like to know is if I still have to install RIS 2.0 before I
install the Brick Command Center?  It strikes me that there would likely be
some RCX that RIS installs that the NCQ will need to access.  Is the
correct?  Has anyone else tried this compatibilty feature in XP with RIS
2.0 or Brick?

Thanks for any commments.

Laura