 Robotics / 18927
Re: Picking up CDs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:03:52 GMT

Maybe you could motorize some of the old style pneumatics
to create a suction grabber.  You would need one of the old
style cylinders and the pneumatic diode brick:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=5108
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=4692

The only non-Lego part would be the suction cup itself.

Check out these excellent web pages for more info:

http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1/primer/oldpneu.htm
http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~stehlik/wwpics.html

Mark