 Robotics / 18703
Re: Storage Systems for RIS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:08:14 GMT

TackleLogic box model #1259 (http://www.tacklelogic.com) is just under 19" x
10" x 12".  That fits within the linear 45" carry-on luggage restrictions of
all the airlines I've been on.  (Although, I have NOT taken it on a
flight...yet.)

I use one of those to hold all my wheels in the box lid (which has a clear
cover).  The belly of the box has two sections.  The largest section is
about 10.5" x 10" x 10".  The other side is 10.5" x 6" x 5".

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 12:13 PM
Subject: RE: Storage Systems for RIS

The 1234 is a great system - until you need to take your collection
in the air. If you want to check that box, then you'll need to wrap
the whole thing in bubble pad and put in a box.

For air travel, I prefer the Plano 1258 as noted on my website. In fact, • the top
part of the 1234 is the same - all that's missing is the holders for the
extra 3700 boxes.

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/storage/Plano1258.html>

I have a complete RIS and CodePilot truck in one 1258 Tackle box.

The most important feature (for me) is a compartment big enough for
a robot under construction...

Cheers, Ralph