 Robotics / 1852
  mars expansion

Has anyone heard what will be included in the mars expansion pack? Also, what is the general consensus on the worth of the first two expansion packs? Lastly, are there any rumors (or facts) about a second revision of the RCX with more inputs and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  On expansion (Re: mars expansion)

Got a mindstorms set for Christmas, incredibly fun. Not as versatile as my miniboard, but there are a lot more resources available for it (a gnu toolchain, woo!) making it a slight easier to program and more fun. Unfortunately I sold all my other (...) (26 years ago, 28-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mars expansion

(...) No idea about the Mars Rover pack other than what is on their webpage. I have the RoboSports expansion, and it contains a motor, a couple of balls and pucks, two pairs of wheels, several gears, and various standard building parts. At $50, I (...) (26 years ago, 28-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mars expansion

(...) Santa brought both, but since I had a bunch of motors, I really don't find them too useful. You might get more by buying technics and/or motor packs on sale. The fiber optic light unit in the Extreme Creatures is nice but certainly not (...) (26 years ago, 28-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  More I/O (was mars expansion)

Richard, You mentioned using a stamp to gain more I/O on the RCX. I understand that the sensor inputs on the RCX measure resistance. If so how would one go about connecting a Stamp to the RCX? Is there a way to convert the Stamp's high/low output to (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)