 Robotics / 1853
1852  |  1854
Subject:
On expansion (Re: mars expansion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:06:56 GMT

Got a mindstorms set for Christmas, incredibly fun. Not as versatile as my
miniboard, but there are a lot more resources available for it (a gnu
toolchain, woo!) making it a slight easier to program and more fun.

Unfortunately I sold all my other lego many MANY years ago, something I
really regret. I'm finding that the base RIS set is a bit limited, my
efforts to build a six legged walker or a robust platform have failed
mostly for lack of parts.

So what are the best technic sets to get for support pieces for building
atonomous robots? The super car and other car sets look nice, having lots
of transmission components. What else is good?

Thanks, James