 Robotics / 18435
18434  |  18436
Subject:
5 DOF robot-arm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:03:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

have a look at our 5 DOF robot-arm:

(this is a private father-son realization)

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm

Features:

- 50 cm arm
- nearly half-sphere work-space
- 2 RCXs
- 6 motors
- 5 rotation sensors
- 1 touch sensor
- pneumatic grabber-hand
- individual motor control programs (Robolab 2.5)

- autonomous motion is possible

- preferable: computer-controlled motion

* multi-RCX communication (RS232 / USB)
* optimizing positions of every articulation depending
  on the actual location and target position, angular
  velocities, duration of movement, additional rules
* coordinates transformation
* linear interpolation
* object-recognition through camera
* solved challenge: "find and localize LEGO-pieces, grab them and
  store them into a box"

If you are interested in details: e-mail cbaumann@ci.educ.lu

Claude Baumann