 Robotics / 184
    Re: Charging batteries —Chris Moseley
   L. M. Lloyd <lee@advfilms.com> wrote (...) OK, I've done a web search on this, and the consensus seems to be "not on this planet". The conditions for the original study were on a satellite, with absolutely regular charge/discharge cycles, no gravity (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Charging batteries —Alex Wetmore
     moz wrote in message ... (...) This only works if you are discharging your NiCads to close to dead. If you are topping them off every night then a timer based charger isn't a good idea. Your NiCads will be fully charged pretty quickly, and then will (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Charging batteries —Lee Lloyd
    (...) Well I will be the first to admit that this is hardly a scientific study but here is my personal experience. For 4 years I have had the same cellular phone and the same notebook computer. The cellular phone is a Motorola with an Intelecharger (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)