 Robotics / 18395
18394  |  18396
Subject:
LEGO Spybotics & LEGO Direct/Shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:03:43 GMT

Hi :)

As most of you might've noticed, the Spybotics line are finally (!!!)
available on the LEGO Shop (at least for Portugal, I didn't check it for
other countries, sorry).

I'm very interested in buying at least one of the possible 4 sets and add it
to my collection of electronic/robot-oriented LEGO sets (ControlCenter,
CodePilot, CyberMaster, RCX, MicroScout, Manas and now, hopefully, a
Spybotics set).

The LEGO Shop web site has the usual actionpacked spylingo/salesman
mambojumbo text description of the sets, so, no real useful info on the
specs of the sets.
(I know it's targetted for 9 year old kids but these kind of sets *should*
have an option for more "Advanced" info)

There's no description of the spybotics base unit, what sensors it has (I
suspect it has an embedded TouchSensor and a LightSensor) nor how many
motors it has (again, I suspect at least two embedded motors) and if it is
compatible with the InfraRed comms protocol already used on the Mindstorms
family, or at least, the protocol used on the Bionicle MANAS set.

So, I'm asking the LEGO Direct: Is there a way to get this kind of info
before I buy one unit and check it for myself ?

...and I ask the community: As someone already bought a set ?
Can anyone give us more details of the spybotics unit, it's specs, etc ?

Thxs :)

mc.