 Robotics / 18394
Fwd: Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:59:08 GMT

I've done exactly this for palms, see http://pbrick.sourceforge.net

From: "Bluey" <Wolf_and_eagle@spamblock.yahoo.com>
I also read somewhere that there might be a way to change the
frequency,
possibley by increasing the "baud rate"?
I know that there is a way (at least on Palms) to change the
frequency, because
I downloaded a Remote Control program that would learn the
signals from the
actual remote. In its settings, it had different frequencies.

This isn't done by changing the baud rate, but by bypassing all SIO hardware
in the palm and directly generating all frequencies in software (by
measureing the CPU speed and using a calibrated delay loop). My pbrick
required major hardware hacking and attaching a oscilloscope to both, the
palm and the rcx to verify proper signal generation. I am afraid a pocket pc
versoin would even be more complex due to more variations in the IR hardware
used by the different vendors. This IMHO absolutely isn't a project suited
for a beginner. Several people contacted me for help porting pbrick to pocket
pc, but obvously none of them succeeded.

Ciao,
  Till