 Robotics / 18391
Re: Lego Team Challenge 2.5 Activity Pack (Acrobat)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:10:35 GMT

Thanks. I might do that. My assessment at this point, is that the Dacta Team Challenge RoboLab 2.5
is pretty close to what would be called a Beta version. That may seem a bit harsh, but I don't think
so. Each kit came with the acrobot activity and subassembly kit. These are both modestly printed
documents. The subassembly booklet is almost worthless. The acrobat activity fails to mention, I
believe, that this booklet is a team challenge. Actually, I think the booklet is more of a rush job.
LabView contains a number of programs for which there are no instructions on robotics assembly. One
respondent told me that a Lego fair (?conference) showed a much more complete kit. I would expand my
previous comment to say that the kits we received were rushed to market. I could go on. I'll just
mention that fortunately my co-instructor and I have sufficient experience with robots, software,
and hardware to make some sort of meaningful summer camp class out of this. Upon further reviewing
the acrobot booklet, I think we can make a little more sense out of it in coming days.

lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote:

You might refer this to the TAFFIE robotics mailing list
(http://archive.jsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/robotics) also; they are mostly
First LEGO League and BEST coaches who subscribe to that list.  I know the
people who maintain the list (Gary and Susan Frederick) have been running
Club BOB and Team BOB for a few years.

Liz Bilbro

Teacher/Coach
CyberStorm Robotics Class and FLL Team
Sports for the Mind for Lubbock Homeschoolers
http://www.cyberstorm.us/