 Robotics / 18390
RE: Lego Team Challenge 2.5 Activity Pack (Acrobat)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:06:28 GMT

You might refer this to the TAFFIE robotics mailing list
(http://archive.jsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/robotics) also; they are mostly
First LEGO League and BEST coaches who subscribe to that list.  I know the
people who maintain the list (Gary and Susan Frederick) have been running
Club BOB and Team BOB for a few years.

Liz Bilbro

Teacher/Coach
CyberStorm Robotics Class and FLL Team
Sports for the Mind for Lubbock Homeschoolers
http://www.cyberstorm.us/

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf Of
Wayne Watson
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 8:31 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Lego Team Challenge 2.5 Activity Pack (Acrobat)

We received several Dacta TC RoboLab 2.5 kits for a class we are teaching.
They include about a 20
page booklet (copymaster) for constructing an acrobot and writing LabView
programs for it. I find
some of the instructions puzzling. For example, on page 5 step 12 says "go
back to your activity
Copymaster." Presumably they are talking about the Copymaster booklet
containing this instruction.
This makes no sense. Where exactly does one go. The robot looks a bit
incomplete. It has two touch
sensors attached to liftarms but no instructions where to attach them to the
robot.  If I skip ahead
to page 10, I see the same robot. Is the teacher supposed to get creative
and tell the students to
put some additional subassembly on the robot to attach the two touch sensors
stuck on the liftarms?
--
      Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada
City, CA

                   "Hell is truth seen too late."  -- John Locke

                        Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>
           Imaginarium Museum:
<home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>