 Robotics / 18329
Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:16:19 GMT

Rob Limbaugh wrote:
A Killough platform may have 3 motors, but it operates in a X-Y coordinate plane, not X-Y-Z.

When I said "three degrees of freedom" - I didn't mean "X-Y-Z", I mean't X, Y and Rotation-about-Z.

Whilst (in theory) a Killough platform moves in X and Y only - they do rotate a little in practice.

Rethinking the clearance issue... perhaps a Lego magnifying glass could help.  The focal points seem to be around an inch from the lense (or so).

From reading the specifications for the mouse chip, I get the impression that the magnification
has to be quite precise in order for it to work.  I'd be very suprised if something as simple as
sticking any old lens beneath it would work.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net