 Robotics / 18289
Re: IR Tower and USB-Serial adapter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:26:08 GMT

I solved that problem before I encountered it altogether.  I just bought the
usb IR tower from Lego Dacta www.pldstore.com
and the RIS 2.0 upgrade kit from Lego S@H.

cost me about $40 US, but that USB/Serial adapter was twice that when I went
looking for one...

-Rob

"Mauro Vianna" <mauro_vianna@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi, all

I have a problem trying to connect a serial IR tower to my notebook. The
notebook has no serial port, so I'm using an USB-serial adapter. Although
this adapter worked for another device, it seens it is not working • properly
with the IR tower.
The funny part is that the IR tower green LED is on as if it was working.
but I can't detect the Brick using Brickcc. :(

Did anybody faced (and solved) this problem?

Thanks,
Mauro Vianna