 Robotics / 18277
    Re: optical mouse chips as vision sensors? —John Barnes
   This whole thread just caused an interesting thought to pop into my head, although I suspect it would only apply to cases where LegOS were being used. If the mouse serial port output (transmit line) were to be connected to a LMC555 (running at (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —MiB
     Hi - I posted a letter just before and I don't know If it went thru. I take it again there - Is there some hardware modifications to Mindstorm so it can have more IO ports - like more Motor control ports and more sensor ports? - And a second thougt (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —Mike Payson
     The Ferarri book yalks about some ways to add input or output ports. The option that looks most promising to me is detailed at (URL) that site: "I'm very Pleased to announce that my latest project the '(MS)2 Expander' will expand your RCX's ports (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —John Barnes
     I have chased this topic around quite a bit in the last couple of years and built a few prototype devices to perform "I/O expansion". My final conclusion, having gone to the trouble of building a device which permits two of the RCX motor ports and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: optical mouse chips as vision sensors? —Ralph Hempel
   (...) No, pbForth can easily read arbitrary chars coming in on the IR prot, we'd just need to switch the RCX to 1200 baud... (...) John, If you send me a modified mouse, I'll do the other Forth stuff needed to get this working in a weekend. Cheers, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)