 Robotics / 18258
    Re: Dead reckoning (was Re: Rover Programming) —Simon Brooke
   (...) Well, I did the code changes to do acceleration and deceleration yesterday and it's amazingly successful. I'm not yet quite as good as the Seattle robot, but I suspect that's at least partly because mine has a narrower track. I now believe (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Dead reckoning (was Re: Rover Programming) —Jona
   Hi Simon, In my experience casters can introduce errors in the navigation since they tend to not be in the correct position following a turn. Over time this small error can add up. I have had some success by rebuilding my bot to center as much of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)