 Robotics / 18211
    Re: All Terrain Crane —Steve Baker
   Whilst it's undoubtedly herasy to criticise one of Jennifer's gorgeous models, and I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for saying it - but I can't help feeling that an unfortunate line has been crossed - with painted parts, modified parts and (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: All Terrain Crane —Brian B. Alano
     I can't figure out which is the greater sin: violating Lego Purist theology or critisizing a Lego Goddess. Then there's my sin: spending two hours reading, marveling, and, dare I say, worshipping Jennifer's work when I should be in bed. Some of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: All Terrain Crane —Elijah Meeker
     (...) Hee! Purism, of any sort, rests on a foundation of an assertion of wholeness. "There is no need" says the Purist, "of anything outside of The System, because The System is Whole and Complete." And for the record I say this about well roasted, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: All Terrain Crane —Jennifer Clark
   "Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> (...) Heresy schmeresy! Criticism is welcome! I feel the painted parts are the Right Thing here, only one type of brick is involved (1x7 liftarm) and the model had been built with the assumption that a white (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: All Terrain Crane —Tim Courtney
   Excellent explanation, Jennifer (and amazing model too!!!). I just want to note to everyone that LEGO themselves modifies their own parts in their theme parks. In California, they use machined parts and motors from a custom machine shop adjacent to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)