 Robotics / 18178
  Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

What's with the Syngress web site for the Ferrari brothers book on Mindstorms? The book implies it contains all sorts of additional info about their book. I registered and got a password. I must have missed something because I find zippo there. -- (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

Use the passsword to log into Syngress Solutions: (URL) should find a zip-file of ncq-code, links to the many sites mentioned by the book, and access to the pdf-version of the book. - Thmas Hoeg-Jensen ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

Thanks. When I do that I get to a page with a number of book titles on the left. I then select the Mindstorms book, and get to a page that appears to just advertise (add to cart) the book. It shows a table of contents, and off to the right mentions (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

Yes, very odd. After I signed in and copied the link, I got to the NQC file. Thanks. I'm using NScape 4.76. Never recall having that happen before. I'm surprised they don't have an errata on the book. I've noted at least 5-6 obvious errors in the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

(...) You should tell them (or me and Mario) about the errors you've found, so they can add them to the errata. With both IE5/6 and Mozilla1.0 the NQC programs, links, and E-Book download work fine (of course, you can download the electronic version (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

(...) I can confirm you that Syngress quickly solved the problem and those pages are now updated. They're also receiving more errata so they can put those on the site as well. If someone wants to report an error on the book, please write to: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Syngress Web Site For Ferrari's Mindstorms

(...) The Annotations and Corrections section of the site has been updated. Sorry for the long delay. I have received some errata by email, and had all of them in a well organized file... just on my computer :-) If you discover any further mistake, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)