 Robotics / 18105
Re: Notebook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 22:49:01 GMT

Jonathan Spitz wrote:
I have a notebook mitsubishi, Amity CN wich has a USB port and an IR port.
Does anybody know how can I use it to program RCX. Windows doesn't recognize
the USB port and I don't know if installing the Lego software would.

Which version of Windoze do you have - Win95 doesn't have USB drivers for example.

It seems unlikely that Mitsubishi would build a PC with a USB port that Windoze
can't recognise - so it's probably just some ugly Windoze installation problem.

I could probably use the IR port but I don't know how.

That's actually quite doubtful.  Most laptops and palmtops have 'IrDA' ports
which use IR light - but modulate it in a way that's incompatible with the
Lego protocol.

If you have a spare Serial port, you might do best to head over to Ebay or
BrickBay and try to pick up a cheap Lego serial-port tower from the RIS 1.0 or
1.5 set.

Failing that, you only hope is to get that USB port working.

I yet have another hardware
problem with my Sony DSC-P50 camera wich gets movies realy dark and I can't
get it record fine if it's not under sunlight. Any comments are well
received.

You probably have the "gamma" settings wrong on either the camera, the PC
or the replay software.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net