 Robotics / 17960
Re: Serial cable for Dacta Interface 70909?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:03:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mario Ferrari writes:
"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> wrote:

Does anyone know what kind of wiring this cable should have?

The standard RIS Tower cable works. You just need a gender changer to make
it male at one side.

Thanks! I'll fix that when I go back to work tomorrow (today - monday - is
holiday here in Sweden, so I have not had a chance to get the stuff for
making my own cable yet).

I got it working though, by loose wires connecting female <--> female. I
think this is quite an interesting interface. I already have Delphi (Borland
Pascal) code working - can read all the sensors, haven't had time to test
output yet.

The accompanying software (TechnoLogica) was very easy to work with, but 'a
bit' limited...

AndersI