 Robotics / 17954
Re: Serial cable for Dacta Interface 70909?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 07:39:13 GMT

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> wrote:
I have just bought (second hand) a bunch of Lego Dacta things (9701, 9702)
with the computer interface 70909.

Of course the serial cable supplied was of the wrong type - Cybermaster
Female-Female, this interface needs Male-Female.

Does anyone know what kind of wiring this cable should have? I tested with • a
standard modem cable, but that didn't work. Would a normal null-modem • cable
work, or is there some special wiring?

Hi Anders

The standard RIS Tower cable works. You just need a gender changer to make
it male at one side.
I made a dedicated cable from a standard modem cable, changing a few
connections. You find the cable wiring of the RIS cable in Kekoa's page:
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/

HTH

Ciao
Mario