 Robotics / 17910
RE: RF ideas for the RCX
Newsgroups:
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:51:56 GMT

Bruce Powell

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com
[mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Aaron Nabil
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 9:15 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: RF ideas for the RCX

I'd suggest simply buying a spare rs-232 tower, taking it apart
and using the guts.  You'll have full duplex IR, just connect
it to your
RF xceiver.

"Rob Limbaugh" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Decoding the 38KHz IR signal and re-broadcasting it via RF • is quite simple
and requires very few parts... the problem is rebuilding • the 38KHz carrier
signal and placing the data on that carrier.  All of my • attempts have
resulted in blown out IR LED's or they send signals when no • data is sent.
Basically, I took the schematics from the WEM site and only • replaced the
transmitter and receiver modules and tried debugging from there.