 Robotics / 17906
Re: RF ideas for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 23:15:16 GMT

I'd suggest simply buying a spare rs-232 tower, taking it apart
and using the guts.  You'll have full duplex IR, just connect it to your
RF xceiver.

"Rob Limbaugh" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Decoding the 38KHz IR signal and re-broadcasting it via RF is quite simple
and requires very few parts... the problem is rebuilding the 38KHz carrier
signal and placing the data on that carrier.  All of my attempts have
resulted in blown out IR LED's or they send signals when no data is sent.
Basically, I took the schematics from the WEM site and only replaced the
transmitter and receiver modules and tried debugging from there.