 Robotics / 17905
Re: Robotics Courses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 08:40:13 GMT

Hi Matt,

My name is Hazel and I worked with Robotics since
1999.  I began to work in Costa Rica, Central America,
and now I'm working in Mexico.

I work specially with teachers, I research looking for
documentation that help them, new tools, design and do
workshops (for teachers, families and childrens).

I'm an Computer Engineer (but dedicated to education
and technology) and I work with a teacher who works
principally with Microworlds.

In Robotics, we use RCX (with Robolab) and crickets.

We try to work aroun the constructivism in the
schools.

I like to be cosiderated to you to get a review book.

And I like to know about the work that Liz are doing,
too.  Maybe we can share our experiences.

Thanks.

--- Matt Pedersen <matt@syngress.com> wrote:
Hello Liz,

First of all, please forgive me for emailing you out
of the blue...

I happened to see a recent email of yours, and I
noticed your signature line
detailing the fact that you teach Robotics courses,
and it peaked my
interest.

My company, Syngress, is an independent publisher of
print and electronic
reference materials for Information Technology
students and professionals
who are seeking skill enhancement and career
advancement. We've recently
published a book entitled "Building Robots with LEGO
Mindstorms", which has
proven to be a very popular and best-selling title-
we've heard from a
number of folks that have adopted the text into the
classroom for Robotics
courses, etc.

I'm interested in hearing more about the classes you
teach, and the school
where you teach- I'm actively trying to tell people
in the Robotics
community about this title- and get review copies in
people's hands that
might be able to use and help publicize such a book.

Would this be of interest to you?

Thank you for your time Liz- I hope to hear back
from you at your
convenience.

Best,
Matt