 Robotics / 17785
Re: Turntable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:56:41 GMT

Surely we could do this with one RCX and 3 motors using cams and gears?
Walking only involves three degrees of freedom:
1) Propulsion - forwards or backwards
2) Direction - left or right
3) Height of leg - for steps, ground clearance, etc.

Clearly, for true walkers there is also the concept of sideways adjustment
of centre of balance, but good foot design should solve that for most flat
environments.

I will have a think...

Mike
P.S. Just sent off a research paper describing my lego ant: tracked, but
does have a retractable pen for marking its trails and five sensors for
seeing and feeling its surroundings - all with one RCX!