 Robotics / 17776
Re: 4 Legged Robot; Steering Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:42:50 GMT

gigamax,

  The turntable in the body is sure to work.  It is a sure fire method.
Mind you, I've never made a quadraped.  I work on bipeds.

  What might be a more interesting concept is two turntables on each front
foot.  If you can power the two front feet seperate from the back feet, then
your quad could turn without moving forwards or backwards.  If you were
really feeling adventurous, you could try a turntable on each foot.

Kevin

I have read information suggesting to put a turntable in the body, but
without a working model I'm not sure if this will actually work. Does • anyone
have any suggestions on the best way to make a 4 legged robot turn?

thanks!